I prayed ... then I studied ... then I prayed some more ...--- Disclaimer: The following narrative is entirely fictitious --- (but my sisters will enjoy reading it)
I didn't make too many mistakes on the pre-inspection test ... I managed to complete the backing test without running over any cones this time (They get really upset when you run over their cones ... they say they are like people or something which you just squashed flat.) ...
Did you know that buses are longer than cars??!? They are. When you turn a corner, just like you are driving your car, the bus rear wheels tend to run over the curb ... I didn't do that more than 3 or 4 times ... and honest, I didn't scrape that Stop sign ... no idea what that sound was.
At least I stopped before I was on top of the railroad tracks. They don't like you stopping on railroad tracks either ... something about how it takes a train about a mile to stop ... after it bashes it's way thru the middle of the bus. So I did good!
I loaded and unloaded imaginary children. There was no screaming, nobody's hair got pulled, and there were no fist-fights. Imaginary children are so wonderful and responsive.
I did the emergency stop, followed by a high-speed backing maneuver on the grass in front of a church. Then he wanted to see how dangerous it could be, driving thru a little housing area.
Anyhow, I did manage to finish the test ... And, tho the examiner's window was open, he didn't climb out of it ... and he didn't jump off the bus and kiss the ground when I was done. He said, "You did about as good as anybody else. You pass." (he said that kind of flat like ... you almost wondered if there was a question mark at the end).
As soon as he signed the paperwork, I pulled it out of his hands (before he changed his mind) ... jumped off the bus ... and went down to the state troopers office to get the PS endorsements added to my CDL license.
**Reality: out of the 3,000-4,000 tests that he had given, he said that mine was perhaps the best that he'd ever seen. (Praise the Lord!)**
So, I still need a urine test (drugs & alcohol) and a $55 fingerprint/background check before I can become a substitute bus driver of school students.But in the meantime,
I'm legal to haul toxic waste and hazardous chemicals.
:-)
3 comments:
Well, I am thrilled to hear your rendition. I'm pretty sure that was a stop sign scratching sound... And personally I think All Bus drivers should have toxic waste and hazmat approval, I've see the inside of some pretty scary backpacks and Lunch BAGS!!!!! I am grateful that your imaginary passengers were so very quite and polite.. You are SOOO lucky! Good Job Big Brother!
so funny that toxic waste & hazardouse materials are in the same classification as school age children. =]
oH CRIMANY ...What you do for fun amazes me bro...always something !!
Post a Comment