Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Litter

What we have here is -- litter.
It is all over the ground ... it covers the grass, it covers the driveway, I hear it bounce off roofs and cars. I am not talking about the leaves ... I am talking about the plague of pecan nuts. You can't walk or drive without hearing them go "crunch!"

Along with the pecans come squirrels, blue jays, mockingbirds, doves, and cardinals. The crows have such a wide range of choice of eats, that they don't even bother coming around here.

I've filled up box after box of these ... can you imagine the idea of bending over and picking them up one-by-one? Neither can I ... so I use a little spring thing at the end of a pole to pick them up with (without bending over).

I must admit, they shell-out fairly easily and taste really good !!
see ya! :)

3 comments:

Myhouse4nine said...

Your litter is such beautiful organic matter that even if you missed picking some up, it would still make you have happy soil!

My neighbor brought me some os&d today, a box of Caramellos and 4 bottles of Hershey's strawberry syrup. Last week it was 2 cases of Reese hard shell and 2 cases of Hershey's Cocoa powder.. It is nice to help her out!

Abigail said...

Yummy! Your posts make me want to visit Alabama!!

Liz Harrell said...

Mmmm... that sounds wonderful!