Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Friday, December 4, 2009

That Time of the Year AGAIN ...

Since the landlord replaced the stove with one that doesn't burn everything to a crisp (that was with the oven set to less than 190F for 15 minutes) ... We can now BAKE!

It's time to attempt making the annual fruitcake ...
No Ahnah I won't make it without nuts.
No I won't make it without the "fruits".

It will be a fruit & nut mix with just enough cake batter
to hold it all together.
ENJOY!!

5 comments:

Abigail said...

I fully support the man in your cartoon's opinion.

sleepless said...

HEAVY on the nuts I presume !!! LIGHT on the plastic fruities I presume ?!!! I actually liked your nutcake !!!..........but great cartoon !!! Congrats on a useful oven !!!

Jan Parker said...

Aren't you using Mom Johnson's recipe? I don't think there's another better.

wilkinson family said...

hey i never said no nuts!!! i just said all nuts and no nasty fruit pieces to mess it up.

Kira =] said...

None for me, thanks. We eat chocolate!! =]