I stayed home reading a book this morning ... after the obligatory dog walk. Until I had to go to work ...
Work involved looking at guys with little lathes making wood shavings ... two guys were turning tiny blocks of wood into pens ... one guy was just chewing wood into shapes without accomplishing much ... one person was using a LARGE bandsaw to cut out rounds for making bowls ... one guy was actually making a bowl ... another guy was attempting to hollow out a wooden vase.
There were only a few pieces on display that were elegant, thin, and creative ... everything else was clunky chunky.
The we went to look at snakes: timber rattler, gray rat snake, diamond back rattler, and a lovely copper head rattler.
Lunch was the $1 double cheeseburger at Burger King ... with the $1 fries.
Delivering the boys home, I was walking across one of their front yards, and saw this ...
amongst the leaves and dead grass ...
This goldfish wasn't looking too active ...
An odd splash of color in an otherwise gray drab day.
2 comments:
Okay..that is just wierd !! HOW did a goldfish get there I wonder ? Sheesh !!
I'll bet you a bird dropped it! He probably grabbed it from a pond and then dropped it by accident. My kids saw a bird do that here last spring!
Post a Comment