Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

End of the Line

Today was my last day for driving the school bus. One of the other regular drivers that had been out on leave is coming back tomorrow. And so, the "Super-Sub" is taking over the route that I've been doing. The "Super-Sub" is the one the drivers are supposed to call first ... then if he is already booked ... they can call one of us minion "sub-subs".

One of the little kids that I can't seem to get to stay in his seat, fell down on the floor this afternoon and got a small cut on his knee. The bus first-aid kit had lots of big compression bandages and a roll of tape ... but no Band-Aids. So I gave him a paper towel to press on the cut and delivered him to his mother at the next stop. I told his mother about it, and she looked, but he was off and running to go play on the trampoline. So we guessed it was fine.

My neighbor needs me to go pick up a load of peanuts on Friday ... For delivery in Chicago. Because he was already committed to go up to B'ham to load up Scott and his family's household goods and bring it all back to here on Saturday.

3 comments:

sleepless said...

Soooo you are thankful for the trucking job about now !!! It is mixed feeling on not driving the school bus I bet........remember in Whittier stake sister Rich drove a school bus forever !!! I wonder how !!!

sleepless said...

AWESOME new tree photo !!

The Mrs. said...

I'm happy for you working again!