Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pretty While It Lasted

It was pretty while it lasted ... but now all those pink blossoms and the white flowers on the dogwood trees have littered the ground and they are all just green trees once more.  Even the purple wisteria has gone ... leaving behind green viney bushes that you scratch your head over and ask, "Why would anyone have that in their yard?"  Until you see a foto and remember the the sight and scent of the glorious purple blossoms.  There are still a few azaleas bushes blooming.  But everything seemingly has flopped back into being just green-green.  As I was walking the little dogs at 6:30 this morning, I did notice some lovely yellow Iris flowers in a yard on King St.  Perhaps I'll remember to take a foto of them ... and show you later.  My truck-driving neighbor is still in the hospital with a stroke that he had last Thursday.  I called the company he is leased on to and told them that he is in the hospital and won't be driving for awhile.  My landlord's spinster daughter has something (the doctors have no idea what to do about it --> "House?") that her muscles just won't work and she basically isn't feeling anything (no pain) ... which leaves her bedridden. I promised a month ago that I'd drive school bus tomorrow ... but things have occurred since then that mean I'll earn $20 and lose $80 to keep that promise.  Henceforth, No more afternoon bus driving.

3 comments:

sleepless said...

Life is tricky like that !!! I just spent a couple hours out weeding in the back yard...2 0r 3 hours every day and someday I may break even !!?!!

Myhouse4nine said...

Hey Big Brother I am hoping you will notice this before tomorrow - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Myhouse4nine said...

Hey considering how often it is updated I will leave my birthday wishes for next week as well...