We had heavy rains here at home yesterday ...
and I just really didn't want to go out in them ...
BUT there was work that needed to be done ...
Paperwork that needed to be turned in ...
Kids to be seen and talked with ...
So I went out and started to make the rounds ...
and only saw 3 kids ...
BECAUSE, at the 2nd place as I was coming down down the steps from the double-wide trailer and stepping out onto the grass -- with the impetus of my 240 lbs ... my left foot slid forward and away on the wet grass ... and the fat guy in the red shirt with the gray beard landed hard upon his left hip and leg on the ground. The umbrella in the left hand went one direction and the bag of books in the right hand went the other direction.
This is the current temporary result. I went and saw the 3rd kid (I parked almost at his door) ... and when I thought of having to climb to a 2nd floor apartment for the 4th kid ... I drove home instead.
After the 180 mile roundtrip to the V.A. hospital emergency room ... here's what the doc said: about 6 inches above the ankle I broke one of the bones in my leg. And if I didn't keep my left foot up off the ground, it could turn into a spiral fracture and a major mess ...
The end results: 1) the hip is fine. 2) no broken bones in the knee area, BUT IT HURTS WORSE than 3) the broken bone in the lower leg. 4) They gave me pain meds and 5) an appointment to see the orthopedic surgeon.
The End.
:-p
5 comments:
Showing your age there Uncle! Brittle bones! What's with the crutches? I think a walker is more appropriate!! hahahaha ;-P
lol, sorry but when i realized that you may have to go through what i went through with my leg, then i had to laugh.
your kilt looks really pretty with those nice gams of yours.
anyway, i am sorry that you were hurt because i know how it feels and really hope your leg isn't the mess mine was. love you!
well abby, he sent my walker back home with me last time i came to visit, he prob. should've kept it.
Maybe his sister will have sent him some age appropriate geriatric toys..
talk about bad luck! You always seem to injure yourself when you're around kids, you notice that?
Your track record is not too good lately Bro. !!! You are not 29 any more...you have to BE CAREFUL !!!! Old people heal slower !!! Try doing what the doctor says !!!
Post a Comment