Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chile Relleno + A Wimp

The wife and I each ordered a chile relleno for dinner this evening.  
She ate hers right down and nibbled the flesh off around the bottom of the stem.  And she had barely a sheen of moisture around her eyes and on her cheeks.
So, I started eating mine ... about 2/3rds of the way through, I had sweat streaming off my head, down my neck, dripping off my nose, and I had to keep wiping my eyes to clear them.
She was sitting over there thinking, "What a wimp!"
I left A LOT of the fleshy part around the base of my stem.
She said, "Aren't you going to eat that?  Give it to me, I'll eat it."
So I gave it to her.  She took a small bite of it.
Then very promptly took it out of her mouth and did NOT eat anymore of it.  Instead, she was grabbing for her waterglass, chips, and anything else that might cut the burn.
It seems that not all poblano peppers are created equal ...
hers was a nice medium ... mine wasn't!
:-p 

2 comments:

sleepless said...

Are you allowed to request mild peppers ?

Freth Stifter said...

It's the luck of the dice, you never know what you are going to get.
There is another Mexican food restaurant just up the street who make their chile rellenos out of green bell peppers ... bleck! I'll take my chances with the real peppers.