Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Garden - Not Yet

I was looking at a blog in SoCal ... and they were already showing tomatoes that they harvested from their garden just last week!
Some from a volunteer plant that grew on its own ...
So, I decided to step out side and see
what was volunteering in my garden ...
Doesn't look too good from this angle ...

I don't think it looks any better from this angle either ...

So I finally pulled out all the grass and dead plants ...
raked the two garden plots ...
and all of that stuff ended up in a kind of brown compost pile,
way back behind that tree.
And I was bit by several fire ants while wearing my crocs (and no socks) to work on the garden.

2 comments:

wilkinson family said...

lol, poor pops.

sleepless said...

simple...you veggies fed the fire ants..until you showed up at least !!