Ha! Ha! You'll love this ...
I arrived in Jacksonville, FL last night for my usual Thursday morning delivery. This morning they tell me I am NOT on the schedule ... inside, I hear that I was supposed to have been here yesterday morning (Wednesday). NOT POSSIBLE.
I had a pick up on Tuesday morning at 0800 a.m. I arrived and checked in at 0745 ... they finished loading at 1018 ... and I got my paperwork at 1045. I drove for 3.75 hours before stopping for half an hour to fuel, get a sandwich, and go to the bathroom. I then drove for 6.25 hours to lower Alabama (657 miles total for the day) ... arriving at 2130/ 9:30 p.m. ... that leaves only 15 minutes of driving time out of the 30 minutes of work time left for that day. Add the 10-hr sleep period ... takes us to 0730 a.m. Central time on Wednesday. It takes an additioonal 5 hours to drive to Jacksonville, FL ... arriving NLT 1230 p.m. (1:30 p.m. Eastern) ... which is about 2 hours too late to deliver on Wednesday. Who in their right mind scheduled that appointment for Wednesday? ... someone who thought I have a 100 mph truck and there are no speed limits on the highways?
No comments:
Post a Comment