I walk down the street in the morning with the dog.
A guy with a very light gray beard, waving at cars that pass. Wondering what they think of that? I remember that in ways it wasn't so long ago that my father was this age. Oh my gosh. Another year has already past for this gypsy. I can't believe that we've been here for nearly 3 years. Everything is about clear as mud -- the future -- the present -- the past. The grandsons and I rode our bicycles thru the cemetary today. One of the plots had solar cells powering Christmas trees, snow flakes, and lighted wreaths. We talked about the new graves. And about some of those that we knew. One or two of those had names and birthdates, but no death dates yet. Due to a change in state law that went into effect yesterday ... my current job just disappeared. Oh drat. Now what?
3 comments:
Sorry your job is gone. Glad you have time to ponder.. What is the deal with the picture? What did you do to your leg? Did the dog get you?
Road Rash ??? No job is the pits !!
I just needed a foto ...
This was from years ago (abt 1980)
I still have a numb spot (dead nerves) about the size of a silver dollar. left over from playing soccer.
Post a Comment