Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Conference Call - Fielding Institute


This afternoon I spent one hour and fifteen minutes on a conference call with this institution.  The topic of discussion was the PhD. in Clinical Psychology.  It would take anywhere from 4-7 years to obtain this degree ... at a cost of $21,300 a year ... plus travel, books, fees, and orientation.

I don't doubt that I can get into the program.  
And, I don't doubt that I would do well and complete it.

HOWEVER, a main consideration in whether to "leap off this cliff" ... 
is of course -  finances.  
Like, where am I going to get that kind of money. ($100,000+)

So, I am also considering upgrading my current degree 
to meet state licensure requirements.
I'll go talk to a counselor at my local university about this tomorrow.
Did you know that college credits and degrees are "perishable"?
That's what a counselor told me one day ...

1 comment:

sleepless said...

PERISHABLE ?????????????? psycho!