Took a bicycle ride with 3 kids this morning in Troy. They kept wimping out and walking up the little hills. Don't they know that they are young and I'm an old grandpa?
The people at the university wouldn't give me straight answers about what I could or couldn't do to update my degree to be eligible for licensure. They talked in circles and referred me to the state board (who also couldn't tell me anything until they received and rejected my application) ... at which point I would punt and go back to the school. In the meantime, they referred me to another school ... and to possibly someone else next Tuesday ... Just a frustrating circle.
The wife and I had lunch at Hardee's -- she chose the #1 Thickburger sandwich and I had the Spicy Chicken sandwich combo.
We looked at a 1-1/2 acre plot of land in Geneva County. It used to have a double-wide on the property, but that is gone. The property does have it's own well and a septic tank. Additionally there is a 24' x 24' barn. All for only $25,000 ... plain acreage goes for about $8,000 and acre ... so maybe having the well and septic installed are worth the other $12,000?
Some lady near Abbeville is looking to give away a double-wide for $800. #1) You have to pay to have it moved. #2) There is roof damage and subsequent water damage and mold inside one bathroom and the kitchen area. So, you'd have to totally rebuild the roof and remove all the damaged lumber, insulation, and moldy areas. (after you move it to your desired location). My wife declared that she is too old for this ... and we walked away from this opportunity.
We looked at a Fannie Mae foreclosed property ... it's not available on the market yet. As though I could afford to buy anything (probably not for 2 years, if I still have this job).
My wife did accupressure on the neighbor's back (Daniel's) ... he's still recovering from his stroke several months ago. And the Jones family is having a cookout and family get-together tonight. Marilyn's daughter Anita is visiting. Frank was busy frying fish and putting it in a cooler. I don't know if it was catfish or brim. In the meantime all the kids were in the pool. As usual I shut off the lights and equipment in the shop (that Daniel left on and forgot) and closed the doors.
Tomorrow morning I need to build up a bicycle for my landlord. He's talking about getting some exercise.
1 comment:
adventures.............SO FUN.
Post a Comment