So many good foods (and good intentions) seem to die in the "crisper" drawer. We had 2 egg plants slowly shriveling with a few mold spots on them, in the bottom of the refrigerator.
So I took them out. One I peeled and sliced. Then tossed into the frying pan with slices of summer squash and zucchini. The other I cut in half length-wise, placed cut-side down on a plate, and nuked in the microwave for 11 minutes.
In the meantime, my wife is telling me that you have to "drench" egg plant (in beaten egg and flour). I just didn't do that ... call me resistant, if you will.
I took the nuked egg plant, turned them cut-side up, rubbed them with butter, squirted on some Ranch salad dressing, sprinkled with shredded cheddar cheese, and put them back in the microwave for 30 more seconds to melt the cheese. Delish!
After eating and enjoying the pan-fried squashes sprinkled with lemon pepper ... my wife asked what happened to the other egg plant ... she was surprised to learn that she had just eaten it too.
2 comments:
mmmmm, eggplant is yummy!!!!
Well, that was cool !
Post a Comment