Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Monday, July 26, 2010

Reading and Writing

Reading and writing are high on the list of skills that our children 
(actually our grandchildren) 
are NOT being taught today in the public school systems.
Cursive handwriting is a totally lost art.


2 comments:

sleepless said...

I print..it is less messy than my writing and looks more normal since the words I usually see are online and are printing.

Jan Parker said...

But you don't write in cursive either. Not that you don't know how to, you just prefer not to. Is cursive really that important? I'd rather they print and know how to communicate - although they DO need to know how to read cursive. BTW, the grandkids I'm around are being taught to read and write so all is not lost...yet.