I have several clients that like to take bicycle rides.
I caught up with one at 11:00 a.m. today
Outside air temp. was 96+ with lots of humidity.
We road what he thought was a couple of miles ...
Up and down hills with very little shade.
By the time we turned around I wasn't feeling well.
My tummy wasn't doing well. Dizziness and that spaced out feeling. Absolutely hot and sweating. On the way back we stopped to rest several times in what little shade we could find. I wanted to lay down, but didn't dare do so. We walked up several steep hill slopes.
The whole trip took us 2 hours.
When measured with the car ... we rode 5 miles out and 5 miles back.
Several bottles of water, a bottle of chocolate milk, and a large bottle of Powerade later ... I rested on the bench inside WalMart, with my head resting on the cart handle. Then went out and rested in my car with it running and the A/C blowing on high. After a couple hours I managed to make it almost home. My wife was upset that it had taken me so long. Then she looked at me and said, "Your face is washed out and kinda gray around the edges. Don't do that again."
This is how I transport a bicycle in my car ...


2 comments:
Nice bike and transport system.!!
Questionable thing to do at your age.!!
BAD time of day to do questionable thing at your age.!!
if you were in dothan like that you should've called me. glad you're ok, but need to be careful with this heat.
That's awesome how the bike folds up!!
Post a Comment