Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Friday, January 14, 2011

For Sheila T.

Some better fotos of those sculpture things ...

Notice the two pillars at the entrance to the cemetary.
What do the doo-dads on the pillars stand for?

There are two key elements here ...
symbols of what?
(and we ain't talking about the bricks)

the "City Key"
only $12,000

backside of the top of the key ...
notice the eyes, eyeglasses, fish, etc.
I'll have to ask why he put those there.

Another of his numerous heads.

bird taking off into flight.

I really like this particular head sculpture.
(even without the ears)

3 comments:

sleepless said...

A wing and a hand of a clock = time flies. I think ears would mess up that sculpture ! you can just plain have fun putting interesting findings together !! The city key is nice !!..and shows how dang complicated running a city isit is ..[whether it needs to be or not !!] thanks bro.
I don't have a clue if there are any classes around !! and no car to get there

Freth Stifter said...

Those who pass between the hands of time, are at the end of time. Or, time has run out ... death. The other thing is half a seed pod (that's why the little round thingies on them). Indicating the renewal of life ... birth.

Get a bicycle (one with lots of gears) ... then look for the welding class. The bicycle should make you healthy, fit, and very creative ... or provide and excellent excuse ...

sleepless said...

I have a beach cruiser.......do I choose to ridd it much..NO..Escondido is ALL hills..our side yard is a long steep slope...we have a private house because we are on a hill so noboy is at our level...I do not see another art welding class happening ..especially since that was the only semester they tried it when I did it..nobody else got beyond about an 8x10 inch size sculpture...they didn't get it....