The last 3 puppies - "Boots" (male with pug head and white boots on front legs)), Amry (female with terrier head and white toes with pug tail), and Hyper-Piper (female mostly black with light white strip down forehead) are gone. I donated them to "Tiny Tykes" in Level Plains.
We spent money advertising in papers that reached the nearby 3-state area. Money on 6-week and 9-week shots ("Universal 5" from Jeffers). Money on food and other meds. They were raised in the house and family socialized. The litter was CKC registered. The 3 brindles sold, but without papers. Earnest (now called Jack) was given away free. And nobody wanted the others. Our costs exceeded what little profit we made. Puppy poop-and-pee cleanup was driving my wife nuts. Although she was sad to see them go, it was time. So I donated them to a shelter that specializes in tiny breeds.
We will never do puppies again. !!
1 comment:
Papa Meservy, you have my sympathy!! I didn't think about how expensive the puppies would be!
Post a Comment