This is the parking lot of the Motel 6 where I spent the night ... they have so much snow this year and no place to put it ... so they just shove it to one side ... and it's piled as high as the building next door. I saw front-end loaders filling dump trucks with "frozen water."
The weather people talked about this freezing rain, snow, and ice storm coming to places like Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee ...
$1807.83 to replace the compressor and by-pass the dryer ... afterwards, grab my loaded trailer and run South just as fast as I could reasonably go, to Oak Grove, KY last night (Ft Campbell area) ... and this morning head out early and run East on I-24 over Monteagle mountain ... before the freezing rain arrived. I don't like sliding down icy mountains!
The reefer trailer fuel lines finally un-froze this morning ... but the starter really meant it this time when it said "Low Battery": rrrrh-rrrh-rrh ... rrrh-rrh ... rh ... So, I left it alone for 5 hours ... then said a prayer for it ... and went looking for jumper cables (didn't find any) ... went back and tried it once more to see if the battery was still dead ... and the darn thing started. Don't look at me! ... It wasn't my brilliance ...
All I met was regular rain down the length of GA and the top of FL ... but the truck REALLY needed a bath to get rid of all the white salt splattered on it. So this was good. :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment