The foto is of the pattern left on my front fender from the the ice crystals and road salt.
I'm still in Wisconsin ... It was -5 degrees this morning ... I stood outside for a few minutes and my face turned beet red ... I was afraid my ears would break off if I touched them.
Drove over to pick up my load ... backed into the door ... was waiting for the trailer to be loaded ... when the air compressor, near the left front of the engine, started making a horrible LOUD noise. And my air pressure was dropping ... with the engine running. I decided that I'd better drop the landing gear under the trailer and unhook the tractor from the trailer ... before all the brakes locked up. Called the office ... called a wrecker ... got towed to Mid-State Truck Service (International/Cummins) ... sat all afternoon in their lounge with those judge shows running on the TV while I napped. Seems the air compressor was blowing oil into the air dryer unit ... which was adversely affecting the system air pressure. The office finally decided to only replace the compressor and by-pass the dryer ... maybe replace the dryer when it gets back home ... provided it doesn't freeze up before I get far enough South.
The truck should be ready about mid-day tomorrow ... I'm spending the night at Motel 6 ... air temp dropping to -20 outside tonight. :-p
No comments:
Post a Comment