
I hear they got some sunshine in Chicago this morning ... it was still kind of gray with a dash of snow when I left there. My destination for today was Plover, Wisconsin ... a ways north of Madison ...
It was really an ice skating contest to get to here ... the police and the towing services were having a wonderful day with all of the drivers that tried to stop suddenly ... or quickly avoid something ... or accelerate too quickly ... change lanes ... anything "quick" seemed to be sending people into the ditch or median. I tried to stay in whichever lane seemed to have the most dry ruts ... because the roadway was just as slick as they come. Something as simple as going up the rise of an overpass ... I could hear my engine RPM accelerate rapidly as the tires started spinning ... at which point I'd pray that I had enough momentum to get me over the top ... instead of ending my trip trying to get over a "mole-hill." When you get that slipping sensation ... I spread my feet wide, hang onto the steering wheel fiercely with both hands, and hope the wind doesn't blow me off the road ...
I did make it here ... It consistently & lightly snowed all day ... You can see the snow and snowflakes in the foto of my truck ... pickup isn't until tomorrow morning.
I'm looking forward to a snow-less and warmer Jacksonville ... :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment