Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Friday, April 25, 2008

Technical Difficulties!!

There I was ... driving down the road with my CB off ... because I don't like to listen to the trash talk ... which you hear most of the time ... when a UPS driver pulls up alongside me and honks his horn ... then points at his CB mike. So, I turned my CB on ... and he tells me that my rear driver-side trailer tire is tearing off. I glanced back in the mirror ... and the wheel was definitely flopping from side-to-side.

I immediately slowed down and pulled off the Interstate ... I was at exit 95 in Indiana. The trash talkers continued on about how as the yellow truck was probably driven by a trucker with a phony "green card." While I pulled off to the Pilot Truckstop. This happened to be one of the few Pilot Truckstops that has a maintenance shop.

The nuts were all tight, but you can see the bright silver from where the rim was tearing loose around them. In the other foto you can see where the small round holes have become large and in some cases show sharp corners where they are starting to tear loose past the nuts ... the rim was doing its best to rip off past the nuts and go bouncing down the road thru the cars in the left lane ...

The third foto shows how the nuts were worn away. Anyway, 3 hours later, I had 2 new rims, new inside and outside bolts & nuts ... and a Bill for $514.56

2 comments:

Myhouse4nine said...

Glad to know you didn't have to blow out to discover the problem. The price is painful, but I am so glad there was a repair shop. Glad to have your updates.

FoxFamily said...

Wow! Glad he told you about that!!! (and that you weren't harmed).