Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

From Robins to Frogs

I was bundled up in 2 coats against the biting cold wind in Omaha, Nebraska ... when I saw that the robins had migrated north to there.

Upon arrival in Jacksonville, FL tonight ... the frogs in the ditch next to the driveway were making a cacophony of mating sounds ... and this little tree frog was snoozing on the handrail going up to the guard shack.

A farmer in Iowa had a sign on his fence that reads:
"Oil Leases Available
1-800-Dry-Hole"

Nashville was a major "parking lot" this morning ... there was a 6 miles stau (traffic jam) behind a wreck north of Macon, GA (somebody smashed into the rear end of a large, commercial tractor-trailer) ... and there was a drenching cloudburst when I stopped for fuel in Valdosta, GA.

I'm stripped down to my undershirt and knee-shorts, screens in the windows, and the aux fan blowing ... no, the A/C doesn't work ... and I have to exit thru the passenger door, because the driver door won't open. From freezing to roasting in only 2 days ... life in a truck. :0)

No comments: