Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Holiday

This rather smiley fellow dropped by for a visit yesterday ... I believe he was attempting to get out of the middle of the wedding preparations for one of his wife's relatives.

He worked on setting up a DVD player on an XP computer that my wife has ... After working on my Apple eMac ... I was astounded at how difficult it still was to work with Windows machines ... The hardware was installed, DVD player software was downloaded (3 or 4 different ones), and still it wouldn't play. Seems we had to find the correct Decoder ... I will attempt to download and run one today to see if it will finally work.

In honor of Memorial Day, we went out to the cemetery to put plastic flowers on graves.

My wife said that "we" need to make a garden box ... so, the other foto is of a wooden garden box which I made to her specifications ... out of whatever lumber was the cheapest ... (it is currently upside down). I need to cut out the sod from that location ... hammer the legs down into the ground ... and mix in some compost and peat moss with the sandy soil. I'll show it again when it is finally done and has some plants in it. That dark object in front of it is a stump ... that I was using as a chopping block ...

1 comment:

Myhouse4nine said...

You are just a really great handyman!