Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Santa Monica Pier

From on top the bluff ... this is the road down to Santa Monica Pier.
The first building on the left houses the carousel ...
There are other amusement rides and restaurants on the pier ...
Further down the pier you can go fishing ...
There's a bicycle path (loaded with pedestrians) running under the pier and along the back of the beach.

This is the view from the bluff ... where Santa Monica sits.
We walked down and stood in the ocean  ... 
past those cars, where you see the little people on the sand.
No trip to SoCal is complete without going to stand in the ocean and feel that first shock as the cold water hits your legs.  The same "Oh, my gosh!" expression on my wife's face.  
I'd love to be on a bicycle on the bike path ... 

I've seen bicycle police patrols ... but hadn't realize that they had horse patrol officers in Santa Monica, CA

2 comments:

Abigail said...

What fun! Thanks for the pictures, I've never seen Santa Monica Pier. Yes. I know, I grew up fairly near it. . .

sleepless said...

Cool...I want to go there !!