Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Vacation Dentist Trips

We are sitting here in SoCal ... spending our days reading.  Also visiting the dentist.  Waiting to get paid, so we can go shopping.  L.A. says I only made $3,000 last year ... so I can't collect unemployment.  Wonder where they are getting their figures from.  They also don't count anything in the last 18 months that I earned in Utah, Arizona, or Florida. (betcha they count when it comes to collecting taxes!!)

The dentist says there is nothing wrong with my teeth (like the ones that have been swollen around the roots for the last 12 months) ... that 3 root canal operations (roto-rooter the nerves) ... 3 caps ... and $3500 would cure.  Yep.  I'm real hesitant about every one of those.  They freak me out.  
We had ice cream for dessert last night ... one aspirin on either side of the two teeth in the upper left jaw (teeth numbers 13 & 14) ... and 45 minutes pressing on the nerve centers on the left side of my face ... and I felt almost normal again.  Then Oma made peanut-butter cookies today.

Maybe I should just spend more days at the beach.  "Waiting for my ship to come in."  
I checked the voicemail on our home phone ... and that on my cell phone ... checked email accounts ... no bites or messages that we want to receive.  No we aren't taking up residence here.  Too many people, too expensive, over-regulated.  However, not as many mosquitos, most of the little ants aren't fire-ants, great bicycle paths.  

There you have it for today!

No comments: