Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Brrrr !!

I rode my recumbent down to Lowe's ... Dothan ... On some stretches the headwind was so bad that I had to pedal assist on downhill slopes just to make headway. I bought a 10-24 tap, some lubricating oil, and a tap handle. Then I rode it back home. Ran out of gasoline about a mile from the house ... had to pedal the rest of the way. The wind was blowing and would sometimes rock me from side-to-side ... that's real scary on a bicycle at 25 mph. Even with lined leather gloves on ... my fingers were freezing! Darned if the tap didn't break ... yes, it broke ... just as I had the hole about threaded. I managed to get the broken piece out and touch up the thread with what remained of the tap. Then later in the afternoon ... after Garrett threw-up on the walls and floor while sitting on the pot with the squirts ... and I had a short nap ... we took the boys back home and went to ACE Hardware to buy another tap. My wife says I rushed her out of there too quickly ... or she would have gotten some plants (kale, broccoli, collards, etc.) for a winter garden. Anyway, I tapped & threaded the other piece and have the bracket ready to weld onto the trike. Would have done it tonight, but Daniel was in the shop and wanted to talk ... just talk ... tv's, trucks, KC Transport, his mom, bicycles, brakes, piano tuning, etc.
K's husband, Ben was rushed to the hospital with appendicitis on Monday evening. I think he made it home late this afternoon.
They say it is going to freeze tonight ...

1 comment:

sleepless said...

so bro...it is still in the 90's here......oh ya, enjoy that colonoscopy prep...it is much worse than the actual test !!!