Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Driving Blind

I went to the eye clinic yesterday ... before going to work ... and in their desire to utilize all their fancy equipment, they decided put in drops to dilate my eyes so they could get better fotos of busted blood veins, or whatever. The Doc said I have the early beginnings of cataracts ... which he says shouldn't be a concern to me for a long time yet ... and other than that ... a prescription for bi-focals.
Then I had to ride/drive 12 miles to work ... with light-sensitive, fuzzy vision ... yeah, that was special.
I'm sure that what you really wanted to know is what we had for lunch ... particularly since John is buying ... it was Taco Bell and I chose menu item #2 ... some kind of lightly grilled, soft-shell, stuffed burrito ... with nachos. John had menu item #1 ... and Allison chose menu item #6. (You'll have to run down to Taco Bell and read the menu to see what those were.)
It's a good thing I took the one gallon fuel container with me ... for sure would have run out before I got to work ... much less made the ride back home ... topped up the fuel tank twice. I stuffed the fuel container into a large cloth hand bag ... and hung the handles over my left shoulder ... then put my bike helmet on top of it when I went into the clinic ...

No comments: