
The grandkids were playing "Hop On Pop" ...
Then I agreed to go outside and play hide-n-seek ...
We played several rounds ...
you can be "safe" if you tag base before the one who is "it" tags you ...
So, on the last round I managed to escape the clutches of the wily Karina ...
and was running for all I was worth to make it to the base ...
at least 2 leaps ahead ...
When I felt a "pop" in my left hip area ...
and my left leg collapsed under me with EXTREME PAIN!
Of course I crashed into the ground ... rolled around seeking the LEAST PAINFUL position ... which happened to be on my tummy ... and waited there for the ambulance to come get me.
The Result: no broken bones ...
but I ripped that big muscle (Ham String) that connects up the back of the thigh, from knee to hip ... so I'm going around ... with a walker ... keeping the left leg bent to minimize the pain.
Given a blessing by a Bishop and a Stake President ...
The President said that he would pretty-much "cover all the bases" ...
and he did.
After it was over, my wife said to the Lord (in her mind) ...
"That covers everything, but what he is supposed to do for work?" ...
At that point,the President, who didn't know my occupation,
turned to me, shook my hand, and said "Keep on trucking!"
At which point my wife groaned ... "oh, you can't mean that!"
"Certainly you didn't mean it the way I took it ..."
And there you have it ... grins and giggles ...
I'm not going anywhere until this heals up.
:0)
3 comments:
Wow! You with a walker! You must have been asking for some big spiritual lesson.
Good luck! Happy learning! -Elizabeth
That is wonderful that you have a photo for posterity of your grandkids "playing" with you ...you will always remember how your age caught up with you QUICK !!
I'm a little slow on reading. I am sorry to hear about your pain and subsequent adventures with walkers and canes (canes are classy).
I hope you feel better!!
Post a Comment