I've got another one of those little hospital arm bands ...
They did the colonoscopy on me this morning ... that was after that self-induced diarrhea yesterday. By the time I got down to the last glass of GoLytely (colon electrolyte lavage) ... I just couldn't get myself to drink that last glass full. So it is still here in the jug if you'd like to sample it. Tastes kind of like a mix of salty-water and flat alka-seltzer (the unflavored variety). Only had to get up once in the night to squirt in the toilet. Then I coughed this morning ... and squirted in my underpants ... Before going for the colonoscopy. Once they had me turn on my side and shot the sleepy meds into my I.V. ... I was gone. Next thing I knew, my wife was trying to get me to wake up in the recovery room ... "Come on honey, you have to wake up and get dressed so we can go home." No thanks. Check back with me again in another 3 hours. But she persisted ... they wheeled me out and poured me into the car ... I was only half awake during lunch. I've been drifting in and out ever since.
I have achieved a hamstring milestone: - while standing on my left leg, I can lift my right foot off the floor to put on or take off my pants ... all without collapsing from pain & weakness in the left hamstring. My wife just noticed a huge bruise in my left hamstring area (inside of my thigh and wrapping clear around across the back of the leg) ... no idea what that is about. Of course we hadn't really been looking there for bruises ... so she saw it when I got undressed to put on the naked-back hospital gown this morning.
Guess I'm going to pass up the opportunity to fix that house for her. Someone else will have to do that and then sell it ... instead of her ... that's the latest word I got this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment