Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Phishing in the Name of Wells Fargo

I received this email today ...
When I clicked on the "sign in to online banking" link
It takes me to the following page that looks very much like the Wells Fargo page ... Except the address is: http://lasvegascasinomania.com/includes/rss-cache/online.wellsfargo/cgi-bin2/session.cgisessargs=9_oEBq3TP8Cht0ld3bwG1REGkrE5tOwk/
NOT
http://www.wellsfargo.com

I did an email reply and received this back:

"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

Security.WellsFargo.com@host3.ksasun.com

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO::

host host3.ksasun.com [67.228.164.206]:

550 Unrouteable address"


Note in the image above that the Phishing address is actually someplace in Moscow, Russia.


Be very careful as to what you respond to ...

1 comment:

sleepless said...

wow..freaky...I am glad you are perceptive !! Thanks for the insight !!