Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Friday, May 13, 2011

FOUND: Backpack on a School Bus

Today I was a substitute bus driver all day.  This afternoon as I was getting to the far end of the run, dropping off kids after school ... I asked this brother & sister if there were any more kids on the bus -- I didn't see any ... and they didn't know of any still on the bus.  So, I dropped them off at their house (the last stop on the run), then stopped the school bus to close windows because it was starting to rain.  Partway back in the bus, I noticed a backpack that someone must have left on the bus.  Then I realized that there was a kid totally asleep under the backpack.  He didn't respond to voice queries. So I tapped him on the shoulder, woke him up, found out where he lived (it wasn't very far - he was the next-to-the-last stop), and dropped him off on my way back to the school where I picked up the bus.

Good thing I closed windows before getting all the way back to the school.  :-))

1 comment:

sleepless said...

Ya..good thing you followed that inspiration !! Kids..I tell ya !