I obtained this putty knife when I worked at Sierra H.S. as a custodian. I used it to scrape gum and other things off the floors. Over the years, I have mostly used it to scrape with. I have seldom had to "putty" anything. Some 30 - 40 years later I was busy scraping a tar-tape off of the aluminum siding from the trailer ... when the blade went "Snap!" and broke off clean at the end of the handle. Darn.
And I wasn't even done scraping yet.
So, I eventually went to Lowe's and looked at all the different "putty knives" in the paint department. There was even one with a skewed end ... like a lathe chisel. I picked up all the flat-end ones, looked down and found stuff stuck to the concrete floor, and tried out each of the different putty knives at scraping the gunk up off the floor. The one that worked best for me (happened to also be the most expensive) ... is the one I bought. Now I can happily go back to scraping for many more years (I hope). And this putty knife should out-live me.
Note to children, do not fight over this ... it was only $7.
1 comment:
Hilarious Bro. !!! Ya, I use that same tool for EVERYTHING !!! That or the cookie spatula !!!
Post a Comment