So when I'm around, she will talk to me about it until I reach the point where I make some. Not that it is all that difficult ... not with a breadmaker machine anyway.
We've retired R2D2 that made the old round loaves ... and are using a Sunbeam Mode
I'd made a 1.5 lb loaf about 4 days ago using the "Golden Flax Bread" recipe off the milled flax seed box. Last night I used the recipe from the booklet that came with the breadmaker for 2.0 lb Whole Wheat Bread.
As you can see, I started with that big cup of wheat ... poured it into our Vita-Mix ... set it on high ... and ground it all into flour in less than a minute. That made just over 4 cups of flour. The recipe called for 4-2/3 cps. I made up the difference by adding 2 Tbs of milled flax seed, 2 Tbs of wheat gluten, and about 2 Tbs of unbleached white flour. And yes, I used 2 Tbs of REAL BUTTER.
Of course, my wife wouldn't go to bed until the hot bread came out of the breadmaker ... we cut off the end crust, split it in half, covered it with melted butter, and ate it. Hmmmmmm good!
This morning she toasted 2 slices for breakfast and was calling it "Heavenly."
2 comments:
Dang that sounds Good!
Make some wheat berries and add them in--makes it even better. Also, buy whole flax seed and then grind it yourself using a little coffee bean grinder (cheap, at Walmart) then it is freshly ground each time. Also tastes good sprinkled on granola--Mom M taught me that.
Post a Comment