
Guess what ... it was snowing in Wisconsin again.
After delivering in Elgin, IL ... I drove up to Milwaukee to pick up a load of frozen soy burger patties and turkey somethings ... these Bills of Lading (BOL's) aren't always exactly readable English ...
It only took them an hour to load me. They took off the 34 wooden pallets that I had inside my trailer ... but only put 7 bown-wood pallets back on (the rest were CHEP pallets ... painted blue). They assured me that there was just no room for the other 27 pallets (which cost me $6-$8 each if I have to buy them from them) ... so they kept them. They guy said, "Sorry, but we don't give you any credit for them. And if you come back here next week, we won't replace them." Does that sound like theft to you????
More snow was on its way to Chicago ... so I headed south as fast as I could ... and spent the night in Lexington, KY.
No comments:
Post a Comment