I deliverd this morning. Got in the gate at 0600, but didn't get out until 0815. My next load was located on the west side of Omaha, Nebraska ... at 3:30 p.m. (1530 hrs). Provided you don't have to stop at scales (3), traffic lights (6), stop signs (1o), 25 mph towns (2), or road construction (1) the trip is 471 miles and requires 7.75 hrs to get there ... remember the truck speed limit is 55 mph in Illinois ... 65 in IA. So, 0815 + 7-3/4 equals 4 p.m. (1600 hrs). So here I sit at the Sapp Bros. Truckstop because they quit loading after 3:30 p.m (1530 hrs) ...
So, I'll get loaded sometime before noon tomorrow ... and 22 hrs of driving later ... I need to be in Jacksonville, FL on Wednesday night. Oh yeah ... this is going to be fun (NOT). That doesn't factor in time to stop and take pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment