Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Scheduling Delivery

We make this same run every week and deliver on Thursday morning ...

Wednesday night I was parked outside the gate at SYSCO at 6:30 p.m. (1830 hrs). When the gate guard showed up for check-in at 0400 my time (CT), I found that I was not scheduled on the list to deliver today. Somewhere around noon, they figured out that I was in fact scheduled to deliver tomorrow morning. AAAGGH!!!

So, I waited outside the gate for over 18 hours ... and about 1:00 p.m. CT they let me in and assigned me a dock. It was after 2:45 p.m. when I finally was unloaded and left. 6:00 p.m. by the time I reached the "home" office in Grand Ridge, FL. 7:45 p.m. when I reached home. I'm fragged!

No comments: