Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Friday, March 7, 2008

Going North



As I was headed north last Saturday ... and a lovely day it was ... I stopped for a couple of hours in Pelham, AL ... on the south side of Birmingham (I-65 exit 246). I parked in the BP truckstop and took a little nap before this fellow in the red glasses came to pick me up. We had a pleasant time talking and he took me to eat lunch at a burger/hotdog stand that sat on the top of a cliff. There's railing along the sidewalk next to it and tables along the sidewalk. A beautiful view out over the valley ... kind of northward ... but you don't see Birmingham. The place next door had one of those little historic signs that said "Lovers Leap" ... It was only 30-40 feet straight down, so I don't know that it would kill you (unless you landed on your head), but you'd certainly break some bones ...

Then I continued north to Glendale. The "Artsy Scientist" came to pick me up from the Pilot truckstop. We watched a Japanese animated movie about Howl's (How's) Moving House ... have any of you ever seen it? His lovely wife really likes it and requested it as a present last Christmas ...

I even stayed around for church the next morning ... this time I took a suit & tie with me ... instead of showing up as a truck driver in jeans & t-shirt. If I keep showing up every other week, they may start thinking that I'm a regular member of their congregation ... even though I attend a congregation in "L.A." on the weeks in between and even go to choir practice in "L.A." ...

No comments: