Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Off and Running ...

This foto is not from a race course ... while driving west on Hwy 84 yesterday, I saw in my rearview mirror what I thought was a Growler car ... but when it got close to me, I realized it looked more like a race car. I grabbed my camera and while stabilizing the steering wheel with my elbows ... managed to take this foto as it whipped around me. The driver ... just to the left of the yellow thing ... is wearing a full-face helmet.

When I delivered the load in Quincy ... they didn't ask for a lumper fee ... so after picking up a peanut load ... I put that money into the fuel tanks (a whole 26 gallons) ... and made it back to the yard with barely a 1/4 tank of fuel.

That's when I found out that Daniel can't drive this run. Something to do with a citation 6 yrs ago in NY. New York had suspended his CDL ... but Alabama never knew about it. However, Illinois managed to discover it. Daniel cleared it up with NY. But now Illinois has suspended his CDL, because they say he was illegally driving a commercial vehicle in their state without a license.

So, I just got home yesterday afternoon ... and I'm off and running again this morning. :-(

No comments: