I feel like crying ... Today I ran into an emotional boundary for me ... I don't want to be an old man ... The V.A. Doc said, your BP was high. Will you take this medicine? Or do I have to put you down as refusing treatment? Dang! ... Acquiesce.
Pills for triglicerides ... pills for high blood pressure ... fancy blood tests ... scheduled for a colonoscopy (is this a violation?) ... neurological consult (my wife wants somebody to check out my head) ... the dietician is staring ominously at me ... the LCSW sat me down and had a little chat (she shuddered when I told her about standing in Mosul, Iraq next to massive live Russian machine-gun shells lying in the gutter and the guys told me not to walk on the grass because there were live mortar rounds there ... good thing I didn't tell her about the bomb that exploded a couple of trucks in front of me) ... more paperwork ... pills are in the mail ... lab tests tomorrow ...
My wife's BP was 235 over something bad ... migraine all week ... passed out on the couch (snoring).
We walk slower ...
They asked me, would you describe your exercise routine as: 1) non-existent? 2) mild? 3) moderate? or 4) Strenuous? (and raised their eyebrows ...) Like most truck drivers ... I probably fall closer to the first category ... They said, "Exercise, Eat Less, cut carbs ... or expect severe consequences ... in the very near future."
I don't want to be in the old-man health group! (a plea ... a cry of anguish ... )
3 comments:
OH BOY.........DANG, YOU HAVE ARRIVED AT THE SELF DESTRUCT STAGE!!YUCK...AND THE COLONOSCOPY PREP MAKES YA WANNA DIE !!!YES, YES, YES IT IS A VIOLATION !!! YUP , YOUR EATING WHATEVER YOU WANT DAYS ARE OVER MY BRO. !!SORRY !!! ARLINE DOES NOT SOUND HEALTHY AT ALL !!!!SHEESH..NOT FUN !!! SORRY !!!YUCK, YUCK, YUCK,...MAKES YA WONDER WHY YOU DIDN'T EAT MORE JUNK FOOD AS A KID WHEN YOU COULD GET AWAY WITH IT HUH ?!!!
sorry pops, that does suck. that's why i don't go to the dr. for me except to have babies, don't want to hear any of that. so new diet starts soon and excercise,ugh!!!
My philosophy is to eat a lot of the "processed foods"...you need all the preservatives you can get!(hahahaha)Seriously, be glad you didn't inherit the health problems some of us did.
Post a Comment