Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Slow Rehab

I have 2 canes at my disposal ...

1) The one on the left was made by my sister using a hardwood dowel and a curtain rod end. It was given to me along with a cape and tophat (I still have them). 2) The one on the right I purchased in Germany when Kira was a baby ... it scared her. Anyway, it's a good cane for present usage. But this walking around with a cane is no longer fun or interesting. necessary. but not fun. I want to "Poof!" be better ... but I still hurt. I'm the passenger in the car ... not the driver. And we don't go anyplace where I have to walk very far. I don't know what it is about muscle usage ... but just slightly bending forward at the waist ... to wash my hands in the sink ... you catch your breath "Ah!" with pain in the hip. Don't even think about picking up boxes and looking through them. Do not lean. Lift and bend the left leg when trying to hunch down to pick up the newspaper. No leaning. If little things drop on the floor, you just look at them and say, "Oh well." and hope your spouse picks them up sometime. I can't imagine trying to fuel a truck or climb inside one at this point.

6 comments:

Jan Parker said...

JaNae told me about your accident...I was playing softball when I tore my hamstring(and pulled the one in the other leg at the same time)JaNae and someone else had to carry me to the car. Was incapacitated for weeks(and in a wheel-chair-couldn't use either leg---therapy later etc))A year later I was still affected by it so BE PREPARED and get physical therapy if you can it will help. And, as a reminder, you may be getting too old! :)

Kira =] said...

LOL, congratulations you now have the mobility of a very pregnant woman. =]

seth said...

That's funny Kira.

Anonymous said...

Who's talking ... "getting OLD" here? Yeah, yeah ... you'll always be just a bit younger ...

ouch.

sleepless said...

Wow, you have a cane for each hand !! How helpful !!! You'll never get rich now..you can't bend for those pennies on the street !!
Yes, Kira is hilarious ..and so truthful !!
Oh yah..sympathy is in order here...ok, empathy...You feel helpless and awful, incapacitated and in pain and we are so sorry this accident happened...please be kind to yourself so you heal quickly brother dear .
Did I do good ? Was it enough ?Did it sound sincere ? I can get all mushy if you prefer !!! No, REALLY !!!

wilkinson family said...

lol, love aunt sheila's comments and kira's