Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Fone Replacement is Here!

Here it is ...
When I went on the website to choose the replacement phone ... they didn't have any Nokia 1600's. So, I had to choose something else. Not being a big fan of the LG 300 that we bought last year to replace the house phone (very marginal on reception -- even in Los Angeles) ... I decided to go with this Motorola W375. The advantage with the Motorola is that I can plug an external antenna (Wilson) into it and get much better reception in marginal areas. Wilson even has an amplifier that will increase the input and output to 3 watts! That is significant when you realize these things normally deal in milli-watts (millionths [ 0.0001] of a watt of power).

1 comment:

Kira =] said...

that is very exciting about the external antennae. And that is some serious wattage for a cellphone!! =]