
The Art Association was holding it's 1st Annual St Patrick's Day party.
Daniel finally departed today with a load of peanuts ... heading to Chicago ... then it's back to Florida with a frozen food load. First load we've had in 7-1/2 months. At least Daniel has work now. I'm still waiting on the call-back.

The food ... which I don't have a foto of ... was really wonderful. Authentic Irish fare. In fact we had an Irish fellow from North Ireland who hadn't been home in two years ... he sat there eating and sighing ... saying something about comfort food. The only thing I didn't care for was the "Bangers in Rum Sauce" ... pieces of sausage soaked in Rum. Boiled cabbage, boiled potatoes, beef brisket, lamb stew, soda bread, irish potato salad, "pasties" (meat & potatoes in small pastry half-shells), green punch (the dark green bowl was the "special" punch with the kick to it ... light green for kids and us), and green colored desserts (angel food cake, key lime pie, green jello).
1 comment:
Oh sheesh..I didn't even know it was St. Patrick's day. !! Remember when you made green milk and mashed potatoes for dinner !That is about all this holiday is good for that I have experience with !!
Post a Comment