Back to hobbies ... and Life

Finally got a decent photo of our black pug. He's a beut! He has to think about things alot before dealing with them. He has to sniff and sniff and sniff on a spot and think about what it all means. While the boston terrier would just take a quick sniff and head out looking for things to eat or things to chase. The collar he wears has lots of spikes on it ... just to keep Sheba from chewing on it or using it to pull him around.

-- the substitute bus-driver and retired psychobabbler ...

Friday, September 17, 2010

Tripping in the Produce Section

I had the opportunity to carefully observe the floor in the WalMart produce section.

I was shopping for a few snacks this morning ... about midway through the produce aisle, I picked up a small bag of peeled carrots.  Then I proceeded to stride down to the eggplants on my way to the cashier.  About the time I got to the eggplants, I was suddenly changing direction and heading downward to observe the tile floor.  Knee-first impact, followed by palms ... as my shopping basket landed on it's side.

From down close to the floor, at a lower angle, I was able to observe several large spots of water ... one of which was streaked.  That must have been where my shoe slid.  My right knee in particular was stinging and still has some slight bruising.  Standing back up, the water was no longer observable.  However, I told the manager the location of the water so they could clean it up.  And they suggested I at least fill out an accident report ... since I was claiming not to have any broken bones, and declining a trip to the hospital.

I had to rush off to see a client ...

2 comments:

sleepless said...

Oh yay.....I am glad you are [hopefully] okay....I ran into a corner of these risers in TJMax once...and fell and felt like a fool...I was too embarassed to say anything..but someone must have seen it because those risers disappeared by the next time I went there...luckly I just needed chiropractic and was covered by my insurance.

wilkinson family said...

ooouuucchh! sorry to hear about that. home your knee feels better soon.